Re: Is Sr. DBAs afraid of not be able to pass cert exam ??

From: Alan <alanshein_at_erols.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 15:31:02 -0500

The questions were designed to be able to be answered only by an experienced person. WOuldn't even necessarily take a LOT of experience.

#20: CREATE TABLE AS SELECT * did not work. I had to list out the columns. ALso, it is not necessary to export and imoprt. After the CREATE TABLE, all you need to do is drop the old table or messa round with the data files. Any bad blocks are marked as bad automatically.

"Dusan Bolek" <pagesflames_at_usa.net> wrote in message news:1e8276d6.0202010742.782b07d6_at_posting.google.com... > "Alan" <alanshein_at_erols.com> wrote in message news:<a39jih$16hsai$1_at_ID-114862.news.dfncis.de>...
> > Here is a list of questions we came up with to ask interviewees. They go
> > from easy to hard, mostly. Note that for some of the answers, we
expected "I
> > don't know", which was an acceptable answer, so long as they could
describe
> > where they would go to find the answer. Unacceptable answers to the
tough
> > ones were guesses based on thin air. And yes, some OCPs (with little or
no
> > experience) could NOT ANSWER question #1!!! I put the question in there
as
> > an easy one to start with to make the interviewees feel comfortable
(same
> > with #2). I was shocked when the first interviewee couldn't answer it
(#1).
> > On #3, these OCPs would always answer with, "I would MONITOR...",
whereas
> > experienced interviewees answered with "I would DO thus and such..."
When