Dynamic Cursors

From: Tim Savage <trsav_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 14:21:31 GMT

I am having trouble understanding why my code is not working.

PROCEDURE P_CUSTOMER_LISTING(

i_order IN VARCHAR2,
o_Customer_ID OUT tblCustomerID,
o_LastName OUT tblLastName,
o_FirstName OUT tblFirstName,
o_Phone OUT tblPhoneNumber,
o_Cell OUT tblCell,
o_Email OUT tblEmail,
o_Rate OUT tblRate)

IS

  CURSOR c_Customer_Listing IS
    SELECT T_CUSTOMERS.CUSTOMERID, T_CUSTOMERS.CONTACTLASTNAME, T_CUSTOMERS.CONTACTFIRSTNAME, T_CUSTOMERS.PHONENUMBER, T_CUSTOMERS.CELL, T_CUSTOMERS.EMAILADDRESS, T_CUSTOMERS.RATE     FROM T_CUSTOMERS
    ORDER BY i_order;

BEGIN NULL; -- there is more code but I think that it is irelavent

END P_CUSTOMER_LISTING; I am trying to pass a variable to the cursor (i_order). However when I run the code it acts as if i_order is NULL. is this possible to pass the INPUT i_order to the cursor?

Thank you,
Tim Savage Received on Thu Jan 31 2002 - 08:21:31 CST