Re: OS authentication with Oracle8i on Windows 2000 Professional

From: F C <future_canadian_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 31 Jan 2002 19:49:38 -0800

Thanks for your comments.

I logged on Win 2000 as eddie and connected as sytem/manager on Oracle. I queried the v$session view and found ordipapa\eddie in the OSUSER column. Actually, ordipapa is the name of the computer and not the domain name.

I created a new user as CREATE USER "ordipapa\eddie" IDENTIFIED EXTERNALLY and granted CONNECT and CREATE SESSION privileges to that user. No problem.

I logged off and on again as eddie and entered 'sqlplus /' at the command prompt.

I got the same message prompting for a username and then a password.

I previously checked the oracle_sid parameter.

I also tried to find the registry setting that disables the domain check. I assume it is a Win2000 setting. Can you tell me where to find it?

Eddie J