Re: Is Sr. DBAs afraid of not be able to pass cert exam ??

From: godmann <allanwtham_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 31 Jan 2002 17:36:53 -0800

Tom Dyess,

    Well, you are right. good comp sci degree in good university will get you very well prepared for the workforce. Afterall, it really depends on your concentration also. Some of the fellow grad students from my university do not know programming at all. They are good in mathematics and computer science is not just about programming. To be a good coder, you need to have strong inclination to do this kinda job and propel to excel in it.

    To Niall, well, you got my point. Neither is a criteria to hire. The criteria is the ability and willingness to learn and adapt. No rule that says a history major cannot be a good coder or good DBA. It depends on the interest and most important of all, attitude!!!

Allan W. Tham