REPOST: Re: Dealing with case sensitivity

From: Fernão Magalhaes <barameda_at_h.o.t.m.a.i.l.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 13:30:53 -0800

Do you mean:

    SELECT * FROM employee WHERE UPPER(lastname) like 'HA%';

--Fernão
  DBA wannabe

"Bricklen Anderson" <bricklen_at_shaw.ca> wrote in message news:3C539E8F.A15893B8_at_shaw.ca...
try: select * from employee where lastname like UPPER('HA%');

John Harris wrote:

> How does one handle case sensitivity with string searches using the
LIKE
> operator?
> If I have something like: select * from employee where lastname LIKE
"ha%"
> But I want to get all possibilities regardless of case sensitivity -
harris,
> Harris HArris HARRIS haRRis...
>
> Is this possible with straight SQL against an Oracle database?
>
> John Harris

This message was cancelled from within The Unacanceller's glorious new software, Lotus 1-2-3 For Rogue Cancellers. Received on Sun Jan 27 2002 - 15:30:53 CST