REPOST: A bit OT: Backup Media

From: Markus Stoeger <crashed_at_microsuxx.com>
Date: 25 Jan 2002 21:48:19 GMT

Hi,

sorry if this is a bit off topic, but I'm sure there are a lot of you who can help me. We have to backup/save the data stored on our Oracle server for at least 11 years. Does anybody have experience with such long term backups? We are not sure about what storage media to use. Can CD-Rs be used? CD-R companies claim a lifetime of 100-200 years, but without guaranty.

thanks,
Max

This message was cancelled from within The Unacanceller's glorious new software, Lotus 1-2-3 For Rogue Cancellers. Received on Fri Jan 25 2002 - 15:48:19 CST