REPOST: NLS_DATE_FORMAT Oracle 9i

From: Steve Davis <steve.davis_at_nps-aurora.com>
Date: 25 Jan 2002 05:02:02 -0800

Setting the nls_date_format tag in the init<<DBNAME>>.ora does not seem to set the value in the nls_session_parameters table. Any one know why?

We have proved that its reading the right 'init' file, and that its parsing the tag but just not setting the value.

We are able to 'alter session' but not 'alter system' so new sessions get the old value.

We are running on NT4 SP6.

All help appreciated.

Cheers, Steve

This message was cancelled from within The Unacanceller's glorious new software, Lotus 1-2-3 For Rogue Cancellers. Received on Fri Jan 25 2002 - 07:02:02 CST