REPOST: Perl Crashes with large tnsnames.ora

From: Craig Stalsberg <craig.stalsberg_at_uscellular.com>
Date: 25 Jan 2002 11:40:55 -0800

We have having a problem with PERL programs crashing trying to connect with Oracle when we have a large number of entries in our tnsnams.ora file. I believe the largest number allowed is somewhere around 165. We are using Perl 5.005_03 on HP-UX 10. Anyone run into this problem?  How did you solve the problem?

Craig Stalsberg
US Cellular

This message was cancelled from within The Unacanceller's glorious new software, Lotus 1-2-3 For Rogue Cancellers. Received on Fri Jan 25 2002 - 13:40:55 CST