Switching trace files

From: Brian Tkatch <SPAMBLOCK.Maxwell_Smart_at_ThePentagon.com.SPAMBLOCK>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 19:53:20 GMT

Is there a way to force a switch in the trace files.

Case in point.

ALTER SESSION SET SQL_TRACE=TRUE; SELECT Moo FROM Cow;

ALTER SESSION SET SQL_TRACE=FALSE; I check udump, and I have a nice trace file. I then delete the tracefile because I no longer want it.

I then do another trace, and nothing appears in udump. If I bounce the (test) server all is back to normal.

max_dump_file_size is set to UNLIMITED,

Do I need to switch the files?

Brian Received on Fri Jan 25 2002 - 13:53:20 CST