Best values for parallel_min_servers/parallel_max_servers

From: Jaret Lafoudravecmonhné <toto_at_toto.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 10:22:34 +0100

What is the best value for my configuration :

4 CPU, lot of Ram
and a Batch program.

I can run multiple instance (4 max) of this programme on different part of the data, in our old configuration max/min was set to 0, and we paralelize this programme explicitely in running multiple instance on different data (intance 1 on the first 1/4 of the data,... instance 4 on the last 1/4 of the data). Each instance can Select/Update/Delete on the same table (but on different data).

What is the best ? put some values into min/max server ? Set min/max to 0 and running multiple instance ? Or mixing the 2 method ?

Thanks for any help

Ludo Received on Fri Jan 25 2002 - 03:22:34 CST