Oracle8i in XP different from Win98

From: jnam <jnam_at_sunnydale.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 06:38:13 GMT

I have Oracle8i Personal edition installed in windowsXP as well as on a windows98 machine. I believe I installed from the same download file but on my XP machine I don't have the icon in the programs>oracleorahome> database administration to start database/stop database as I do in my win98 machine.

On XP I have the DBA studio but no start/stop database icons.

Do I have different versions of Oracle8i? Or does Oracle8i install differently in XP? (doesn't seem likely)

Thanks for any help

jnam Received on Fri Jan 25 2002 - 00:38:13 CST