Using a Sequence to provide a primary key

From: Bill Hutchison <spamlessbillh_at_gci.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 00:37:51 GMT

I have created a table which needs to have a sequence define the primary key. I believe I have the sequence right, but I think I need a trigger based before insert to generate the new number. I haven't been able to get it right, and I'm hoping someone can tell me the right way to use a sequence to cause an ID field to be automatically updated when the rest of the fields have been entered.

Thanks!

If you could reply here and to billh_at_gci.net I'd appreciate it!

I have some DOS utilities I wrote which are still useful if you do command lines, which I'd be glad to send in appreciation... Received on Wed Jan 23 2002 - 18:37:51 CST