Re: script to recreate all views - problem with 'text' column in user_views

From: Dale Edgar <dale_at_databee.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 21:55:08 GMT

Hi Richard

>Hi - I want a script which will recreate all views in a schema. I've
>written :
>[...stuff snipped...]
>PS: Thinking about alternatives to this approach I'm on a W2K box so I
>can't easily use the various (unix based) scripts to unmangle an EXP
>output and although I've got a copy of TOAD (albeit the free version)
>I can't see a way to select all views at one go in order to have them
>all scripted - maybe I've missed that ?

The simple and easy way to do this is to get the freeware DBATool. It will read the export file and present you with the view (and all the other object) DDL. The DBATool does a number of other useful things as well. See the info on the download page

The DBATool can be found at: http://www.databee.com/dt_home.htm

Cheers
Dale Edgar
Net 2000 Ltd.
Dale_at_DataBee.com Received on Wed Jan 23 2002 - 15:55:08 CST