FORALL

From: Brian Tkatch <SPAMBLOCK.Maxwell_Smart_at_ThePentagon.com.SPAMBLOCK>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 13:59:36 GMT

We have a script (written in perl) that does a number of things. At the end of the script, it does around 3,000 to 20,000 INSERTS, all to the same table. The statement is the same for all of them; it uses two bind variables.

Since this is in Perl, I believe that we cannot use a FORALL. The documentation says it is only for server side code. I was wondering if it made sense to have the script run an anonymous block that populated a TABLE (OF PLS_INTEGER) and then ran a FORALL. In other words, create a really large block (population of the TABLE being modified dynamically before the block is sent), and send it all to the server.

Does this make sense?

Brian Received on Wed Jan 23 2002 - 07:59:36 CST