Re: Oracle on Storage Area Network (SAN) or Network Attached Storage (NAS)

From: Carlos Alfonso <calfonso_at_methanex.com>
Date: 22 Jan 2002 17:57:07 -0800

James Chappell <james_at_rees-chappell.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:<+bzwnLA8wiP8EwXa_at_rees-chappell.demon.co.uk>...
> We're about to have SAN inflicted on us. I'll keep you posted ..
>

> In article <vqP_7.403959$C8.29329325_at_bin4.nnrp.aus1.giganews.com>, Bob
> Murphy <murphytx_at_texas.net> writes
> >I am developing criteria (pros and cons) for evaluating Oracle certified
> >storage area networks and/or network attached storage with an Oracle 8.1.7
> >Enterprise Server running on Sun Sparc Solaris 8, but need some pointers
> >from existing customers who develop and/or maintain their related Oracle
> >instances. Any backup or recovery gotchas? Any storage tuning or
> >configuration issues? NFS headaches?
> >
> >Thanks, Bob

We are also looking into SAN solutions to store Oracle databases... but I placed the decision on hold since I saw this :

http://otn.oracle.com/deploy/availability/htdocs/9ifaq.html#A548

It's a little old (9 months), but couldn't find anything newer in Oracle's site.

If there is a newer document, please let me know.

Regards,

// Carlos Received on Tue Jan 22 2002 - 19:57:07 CST