Personal Oracle SYSDBA Access?

From: Peter van der Goes <pvdg_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 17:01:50 GMT

Here's another newbie question.
We are using a version of Personal Oracle 8i for Win NT/2000 supplied by a text publisher. The installation defaults to automatic database start at boot.
To control the database manually, using the command "connect SYS/ as SYSDBA, I need the default password for an account with SYSDBA priveleges. Is there a default SYS account installed with Personal Oracle 8i, and if so, what is the default password?
Thanks very much for any enlightenment!

** All opinions are mine alone.Do not attribute elsewhere!
** Peter van der Goes, Professor, Computers & Information Technology
** Rose State College
** Office e-mail: pvan_at_rose.edu
** Home e-mail: pvdg_at_worldnet.att.net
** Web Page (Student Info.): www.geocities.com/Athens/Academy/2350