Re: Updating an Oracle DB from MS Access

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 13:15:44 +0100

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002 12:57:33 +0100, Burnet Roland <roland.burnet_at_grenoble.cemagref.fr> wrote:

>Hi,
>Before developing an applet to update an Oracle 8.1.7 data base, we want
>to fill and update it from MS Access 2000.
>I have tried to create a link in MS Access to an Oracle table via ODBC,
>there is no problem, but I am unable to insert or modify any record.
>Where is the solution ? Access or Oracle side ?
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>R. Burnet

If you have privilege to update the tables in sql*plus, and you are using the same user during your ODBC connection, you should be capable of updating using ODBC and Access. IIRC, all tables must have a primary key, and that primary key must be known to Access.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Tue Jan 22 2002 - 06:15:44 CST