Re: help: pass the parameter to the pl/sql

From: Avi Abrami <aabrami_at_intersystemsww.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 07:42:07 +0200

Sybrand Bakker wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Jan 2002 08:05:30 +0200, Avi Abrami
> <aabrami_at_intersystemsww.com> wrote:
>
> >Sybrand Bakker wrote:

> >[SNIP]

> >> No version, as usual
> >> In 8i and above, you need to use Native Dynamic SQL
> >> (Open <refcursor var> for :sqlstatement)
> >> In 8.0 and before you need to use dbms_sql.
> >>
> >> Hth
> >>
> >> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA
> >>
> >> To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address
> >
> >But Sybrand,
> >There's _only_ one version of Oracle -- the one we're using ;-)
> >(Isn't it obvious?)
> >
> >HTH,
> >Avi.
> >
> So you believe I
> a ) have a crystall ball
> b) keep track of the version everyone is using.
>
> b) I definitely don't do.
> People requesting assistance here should try to do at least
> *something* to allow for an *accurate* answer.
> No one, as far as I know, became ill from typing 3 digits and 2 dots,
> and if they do they should better revise their career.
>
> Regards
>
> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

Sorry Sybrand,
I was only trying to be funny. It was just my attempt at a joke. I was just trying to (sarcastically) say that the original poster knows what version he is using, so he probably thinks it should be obvious to everyone else! Sort of like drivers that never indicate when they want to turn. They know they want to turn, so it should therefore be obvious to everyone else that they want to turn, and therefore they don't need to indicate!

Please excuse my transgression!
Avi. Received on Sun Jan 20 2002 - 23:42:07 CST