Re: temporary tables

From: Daniel A. Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 09:50:33 +0000

Don't be so quick to thank him. Oracle does not build temporary table as you requested. That is SQL Server.

Oracle's global temporary tables are a permanent part of the Oracle data dictionary. It is the rows in them that can either disappear after a commit or disappear after a session: Something you determine when you define the table. For example, the statement below, ON COMMIT PRESERVE ROWS deletes the rows when the transaction ends.

Read the manual or learn about how temp tables work in Oracle at http://technet.oracle.com.

Daniel Morgan