Re: help: pass the parameter to the pl/sql

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 13:31:31 +0100

On Sun, 20 Jan 2002 08:05:30 +0200, Avi Abrami <aabrami_at_intersystemsww.com> wrote:

>Sybrand Bakker wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 15 Jan 2002 20:10:04 GMT,
>> u518615722_at_spawnkill.ip-mobilphone.net (Mike F) wrote:
>>
>> >we need to pass our parameter into our pl/sql
>>

>[SNIP]
>
>> >but oracle does not allow us to do so, could somebody help me out?
>> >
>> >Thanks
>> >

>> No version, as usual
>> In 8i and above, you need to use Native Dynamic SQL
>> (Open <refcursor var> for :sqlstatement)
>> In 8.0 and before you need to use dbms_sql.
>>
>> Hth
>>
>> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA
>>
>> To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address
>
>But Sybrand,
>There's _only_ one version of Oracle -- the one we're using ;-)
>(Isn't it obvious?)
>
>HTH,
>Avi.

So you believe I
a ) have a crystall ball
b) keep track of the version everyone is using.

b) I definitely don't do.
People requesting assistance here should try to do at least *something* to allow for an *accurate* answer. No one, as far as I know, became ill from typing 3 digits and 2 dots, and if they do they should better revise their career.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sun Jan 20 2002 - 06:31:31 CST