Re: temporary tables

From: pokalulu <pokalulu_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 15:25:17 -0800

Oracle can create temporary tables to hold session-private data that exists for the duration of a transaction or session.

Example:

CREATE GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLE today_sales

   ON COMMIT PRESERVE ROWS
   AS SELECT * FROM orders WHERE order_date = SYSDATE;

For more information:

http://www.dbasupport.com/oracle/ora8/page2.shtml

http://download-west.oracle.com/otndoc/oracle9i/901_doc/server.901/a90125/st atements_73.htm#SQLRF01402

Pokalulu-