problem in storing euro character "€".

From: siddharth <sidaggarwal_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: 19 Jan 2002 01:21:16 -0800

Hi,
I am doing OCI programming and trying to fire a SQL query to an Oracle8i server.
The OCIStmtPrepare statement takes a text string as parameter (OraText datatype).
I would like to know if I can have a wchar_t string i.e. wide character string as the parameter. The reason is that I am trying to fire a query with a Euro character i.e. &#8364; . I have the query statement in a wchar_t string. I convert this to a text (OraText) string i.e. unsigned char using the Windows NT library function "wcstombs". However this call fails.
1) So I was just wondering if it is somehow directly possible to have an SQL statement (in wchar_t).
Or
2) Is it possible to somehow convert a wchar_t string to unsigned char so that even the euro character gets converted properly. Thanks,
Siddharth Received on Sat Jan 19 2002 - 03:21:16 CST