Re: Tool to convert SQl queries to oracle or vice versa

From: Daniel A. Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 11:37:47 +0000

No doubt such tools exist. I would strongly urge you not to use them. The differences between SQL Server and Oracle are far greater than just syntactic. You need to learn Oracle's architecture and rewrite from scratch to avoid serializing Oracle and bringing it to its knees. If you don't ... please do not blame the Oracle product for the lack of performance and scalability of what you produce. The fault will be yours alone.

Daniel Morgan