writing CLOB data to Oracle 8 using CallableStatements

From: Michael Lawless <syadnasti_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 18 Jan 2002 09:22:05 -0800

Can anyone tell me how to write large XML documents as strings to Oracle 8 CLOB fields using CallableStatements or refer me to a site that does this?

How do I create the Clob object from the CallableStatement? Do i need to do this or am I missing something?

I have looked at lots of posts on newsgroups and websites and cannot find a solution that doesn't use the ResultSet.getClob(int) function.

I have tried this...

 oracle.jdbc.OracleConnection oralConn =
(oracle.jdbc.OracleConnection)myConn;
 oracle.sql.CLOB myClob = new oracle.sql.CLOB(oralConn);

But get a Constructor not defined error even though the auto complete in VisualAge presents it.

If there is a solution will I face the 4000byte limit problem.

Thanks in advance. Received on Fri Jan 18 2002 - 11:22:05 CST