Operating System

From: Fabio GRANDE <fabiog_at_fileita.it>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 16:55:02 +0100

Hi all !

I need to know the Operating System of the Client that is launching a SQL command (I need to know it inside a trigger).

For instance, if I launch this SQL statement from a SQLPlus session :

 select osuser,machine
   from v$session
   where sid = (select sid from v$mystat where rownum = 1)

I get :

OSUser = Fabiog (Windows User Name)
Machine = PC-FABIOG (The name of my PC)

How can I get the O.S. type ? I need to know something like "Unix", "Win95", "Win98", "NT"....

Thanx in advance for Your Co-Operation.

--
Fabio GRANDE
fabiog_at_NOSPAMfileita.it