Re: Oracle 8.1.7 Response Times

From: Craig Muth <muth002_at_attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 17:02:56 -0500

Andrija,
We have run all of the different tools and have found that the database is not the problem.
Yes, we do have pass-through queries, dynamic queries and about anyother kind of queries that
are available in Access.
We know that displaying the information on the screen is, in some cases, very slow but we understand that
the overall response time problem was approximately 3 percent worse on small queries just bringing back
a small number of rows. Some of the larger queries bring back hundreds of thousands of rows. So you can
imagine what the response times were like.

Thanks for the response