Re: Triggers In Forms !!!! HELP !!!!!

From: Patrick Morganti <patrickm_at_omniway.sm>
Date: 15 Jan 2002 09:22:22 -0800

Hi,

I don't know if I well understood your problem. If you want to display fields from other tables when you enter in the block and execute an execute_query then you must use the POST-QUERY trigger.

i.e.
Suppose the columns to display are ADDRESS from Table2 and the sum of ORDERED from Table3

in WHEN-NEW-BLOCK-INSTANCE :
  execute_query;

in POST-QUERY :
  :My_Block.ADDRESS := select_address(:My_Block.Fist_Name);   :My_Block.TOTAL_ORDERED := select_tot_ord(:My_Block.First_Name);

the functions select_address and select_tot_ord could be as follow :

FUNCTION SELECT_ADDRESS (W_First_Name varchar2) return varchar2 IS W_Value varchar2(50);
BEGIN
  select address
  into W_Value
  from Table2
  where first_name = W_First_Name;
  return W_Value;
  EXCEPTION
   WHEN NO_DATA_FOUND THEN
      return 'Address not found';
END; FUNCTION SELECT_TOT_ORD (W_First_Name varchar2) return real IS W_Value real;
BEGIN
  select sum(ordered)
  into W_Value
  from Table3