Oracle 8.1.7 Server installed - but no listener

From: Chris Neubauer <water.world_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 15:56:40 +0100

Hi,

I have installed Oracle 8.1.7 on my win2000 workstation, and a sample database was created. Since I selected 'typical', I thought that everything that is needed would be installed properly, but I can't find the listener service, and my connects via sql worksheet fail (tns: no listener).

The only way I can connect is using sqlplus directly on the same machine (sqlplus system/manager) without sid.

How has the listener to be started and how can I install the service manually so that it starts automatically at startup?

Regards,
Chris Received on Tue Jan 15 2002 - 08:56:40 CST