Connecting to an Oracle 6 database

From: <ian_clowes_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 15 Jan 2002 04:57:14 -0800

Hi

We have a vendor supplied system that announces it self as follows:

Connected to: ORACLE RDBMS V6.0.27.9.2 - Production

I assume this makes it an Oracle 6 server.

Would I be able to connect to this easily from a 'modern' Windows 2000/Office 2000 environment using ODBC or OLE DB?

Failing that, I'll write Unix shell scripts to get the data we need and FTP it over. If I do this, are there any 'gotchas' I'm going to hit, given that my experience of SQL environments is broadly bounded by Sybase 4.x through to SQL Server 2000?

TIA for any pointers
IanC Received on Tue Jan 15 2002 - 06:57:14 CST