Database Triggers

From: Darren Gray <dgray_at_fytek.com>
Date: 14 Jan 2002 12:50:23 -0800

I need some help. I have a database trigger that updates a 'History' table when ever anyone updates a given table.

Here is the trigger:

TRIGGER UPDATE_PD_BRANCH
  AFTER INSERT OR UPDATE ON PD_BRANCH
  FOR EACH ROW
BEGIN
    UPDATE_PD_MAIN_HIST (:NEW.ACCOUNT, 'PD_BRANCH', USER , SYSDATE); END; Pretty basic. Now, here's my issue: I really only want this trigger to fire if it was caused by running certain programs. Meaning, we have 'global' update programs that will generate thousands of rows in the 'PD_MAIN_HIST' table and it's data that we don't really need nor want. So, does anyone know of a way around this problem? Other than moving the trigger to the Form?

Thanks,
Darren Gray
dgray_at_fytek.com Received on Mon Jan 14 2002 - 14:50:23 CST