Oracle 8i, hard to install

From: Chuckie Superstar <chuckiesuperstar_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 12 Jan 2002 13:01:14 -0800

Hi everyone,

   I keep getting errors when installing Oracle 8i Personal Edition Version 8.1.5. This disk came with the text book I used a year ago. When I first installed the software a year ago, no problem, but when I wanted to use it again, it seems that it was not working properly so I uninstalled the whole program and now re-installing it is giving problems. Every time it reached 76% of installation completed when it is copying comUS.msb, it just stays there, it seems that it will never finishing installing, like some sort of an infinite loop that can exit only if set-up exits.

   What am I doing wrong? I was able to install the program on my computer (600Mhz, 128MB, 10GB Hard Drive, Win 98) before, but why not now?

Thanks for the info,
Chuckie Superstar
chuckiesuperstar_at_yahoo.com Received on Sat Jan 12 2002 - 15:01:14 CST