Re: PROGRAM field of v$session

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 23:16:00 +0100

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002 16:49:44 -0500, "Joan M. Wohleber" <joanwohl_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>"Maddalena Capp" <Maddalena.Capp_at_btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>> Windows 8.1.5 Server & Windows 8.1.5/7 Client
>>
>> Can anyone tell me why sometimes after establishing a connection to an
>> Oracle Server from a Windows application (even SQL-Plus), the PROGRAM
>field
>> of v$session is NULL.
>>
>> This appears to be intermitent. Sometimes it's fine, ie shows
>SQLPLUSW.EXE.
>>
>> We would like to use this view as the basis for a concurrent user control
>> system.
>>
>> Any help on this would be appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Adrian

If the client doesn't send any info, the program column will be blank. Sql*plus uses dbms_application_info on logon to populate several of these columns. If the software you are using doesn't have the same mechanism, you shouldn't use this view as the basis of a concurrent user control system.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Jan 11 2002 - 16:16:00 CST