db creation command line

From: Géry <ducateg_at_info.bt.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 17:12:58 -0000

Hi,

I am performing (or trying to) a database creation from the command line (silly but I only have telnet access to the box I am working on, no graphical interface because of the firewall). Unfortunately I am following some instructions written for Oracle 8.i but I run 8.0.5. It appears there are some subtle but problematic differences.

Creating a database with 8.i involves copying three files from $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/install/create. These files are crdb1.sh, crdb2.sh and crdb3.sh, they are to be copied and renamed in the right directory. Sad but true, Oracle 8.0.5 does not show this directory nor the files that are supposed to be found in it. Can anyone tell me what are these files for and if there is something equivalent to do in v 8.0.5.

Many thanks in advance Received on Fri Jan 11 2002 - 11:12:58 CST