IIS and Oracle performance problems

From: Marty <mphee_at_jump-technologies.com>
Date: 10 Jan 2002 09:55:28 -0800

Have a lot of performance problems with IIS and Oracle.

Setup
w2k sp2
Oracle 8.1.7
Webserver load is usually less than 5%

I wrote a test ASP page to connect to the database, and then run a query. The connection time was 1.515 seconds. The query time was 3.422 seconds. IIS is uning MSDAORA, and I created a VBS script to do the same thing. The results of the VBS script were the same.

I then wrote a java app to run the exact same query. Connection time was around the same, but the query time was .170 seconds and .223 seconds after two runs. The java app is using oracle oci8 JDBC.

Any idea's?

Thanks for the help,

Marty Received on Thu Jan 10 2002 - 11:55:28 CST