multi-master replication or.....?

From: Carl Willis-Ford <carl_willis-ford_at_sra.com>
Date: 10 Jan 2002 10:43:03 -0800

user requirement:

     3 sites, separated by geographic distance.
     using privately owned wire for network connectivity.
     any breakage of connection between sites, users can still get to
a database (i.e., database at each site).
     any breakage of database, users can still get to a database.
     databases must be within 30 minutes of in-sync with each other.

The customer started out talking about a solution (multi-mastered replication) instead of the requirements (listed above). Now that I have the requirements, I'm looking at options on how to meet them. As part of that work, thought I'd look to this community for ideas.

thanks! Received on Thu Jan 10 2002 - 12:43:03 CST