Re: Please help !!! ORA-06530: Reference to uninitialized composite ...

From: Mark D Powell <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 10 Jan 2002 06:52:34 -0800

uthaman11_at_hotmail.com (uti) wrote in message news:<92a1dcf9.0201091452.26b7d700_at_posting.google.com>...
> Right now we are having "ORA-06530: Reference to uninitialized
> composite" error in our stress test with ORACLE 8.1.6, Websphere 3.5,
> Java1.2 and Java Oracle classes1.3.zip. Eventhough it happens
> occasionaly it happens more all together.
>
> It is always happening for us right from the begining even in
> PRODUCTION. How ever it happened very low in number so we didn't worry
> much about it. But now when we try to increase the number of users in
> the stress test we are geting it more often.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated !!!

This is from Oracle document Note:48911.1

Error:	ORA 6530
Text:	Reference to uninitialized composite
Cause:	An object, LOB, or other composite was referenced as a left
hand side
	without having been initialized.
Action:	Initialize the composite with an appropriate constructor or
	whole-object assignment.

There was another note about getting this error from a stored procedure which apparently involved an object. The solution was to initialize the object using a constructor.

There is also a note about getting this error in ver 8.1.6 when a pl/sql table is used. The solution was to either prefetch the data into a cursor row and then assigning them to the pl/sql table or to upgrade to 8.1.7, which contains the fix (failure to properly match size of column values).

I hope this helps. If you have metalink you can find these and several other documents by doing a search on ORA-06530.