Re: Naming conventions

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com>
Date: 8 Jan 2002 14:39:23 -0600

Uwe Schneider (us_at_webde-ag.de) wrote:
: Pacman wrote:
: >
: > I'm a junior DBA for Oracle and wondered if there are naming conventions for
: > indexes, sequences, etc. With them sharing a global namespace it would be
: > useful to know if there is a PDF or something out there to explain this.
: >

: Any naming convention is OK as long it is non-ambiguous and evident.
: Names of Objects must be uniwue within their schema.

: We do use
: - id for the PK
: - pk_table for PK constraint
: - fk_table_table for FKs
: - ix_table_rows for indexes
: - seq_table for sequences
: - tr_table_event for triggers

I would suggest table_pk
                table_ix
                table_seq

that way all the objects collect at the table_% when sorting.
--
While Alcatel may claim ownership of all my ideas (on or off the job),
Alcatel does not claim any responsibility for them. Warranty expired when u