Re: SQL query puzzle

From: R. P. <r_pol12gar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2002 04:22:24 GMT

Thanks, guys, for the helpful tips.
Based more on instinct than anything else, the performace of the "distinct" method and the "group by" method is probably very similar and because the the latter also provides the count of matching SKILL_HIST rows, I tend to favor Andrija's method.

I am more ambivalent on the solution suggested by Jason and my original approach because again, I suspect the speed of both methods is very similar and neither gives any extra the way Andrija's method gives in the first two examples. Unless somebody convinces me of the distinct advantages of one over the other, I guess it's a toss up which I will chose.

Thanks again for the help,
Rudy Received on Fri Jan 04 2002 - 22:22:24 CST