Re: Can I use ADO from windows to connect oracle 9i installed in unix

From: <davide_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 4 Jan 2002 10:18:05 GMT

hobohero <hobohero_at_163.com> wrote:
> Can I use ADO to connect oracle installed in unix?

Yes you can. But, AFAIK, you need to install the ODBC client on the Windows machine and configure the ODBC connection with the correct hostname and instance name. Or, if you use OOOLE, give to the driver all the required parameters (again: hostname/ip address and instance name) in addition to username and password of course...

Davide Received on Fri Jan 04 2002 - 04:18:05 CST