Re: Vanishing tab page display

From: Frank van Bortel <fbortel_at_home.nl>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 16:47:47 +0100

Chris Boyle wrote:

> What happens is that if I am in a given block on tab page A and click the
> tab for page B then B will come to the top but none of the fields will be
> displayed. It appears blank. The fields are not displayed at all, it shows
> up as if there were nothing on the page not just empty fields. From other
> blocks on page A I can click on the tab for B and everything will appear as
> it should.
>
> Frank van Bortel <fbortel_at_home.nl> wrote in message
> > Chris Boyle wrote:
> > >
> > > Developer 6 on NT4 SP6.
> > >
> > > I have encountered a situation where if I click on a tab page it will
> > > display a blank page. This only seems to occur from certain blocks on
> some
> > > of the pages. The form was originally generated from Designer so the
> ofgtab
> > > library is attached, WTPC has references to CGLT$TAB_BLOCKS.ACTIVATE :=
> > > TRUE; CGLT$TAB_BLOCKS.CGLT$NEW_BLOCK; and there is a record group
> > > CGLT$CVS_DATA that seems to maintain the information about blocks and
> fields
> > > on a page. The form has been heavily modified since it was originally
> > > generated with many new blocks and several new tab pages being added as
> well
> > > as shuffling around what fields are on which page. I have been able to
> > > comment out the references to CGLT$TAB_BLOCKS in another form (and
> > > navigation/canvass management seemed to start working again) but have
> since
> > > tried that with a few other forms and saw no impact whatsoever.

<snipped>
OK - Designer generated (what version originally? There have been some bugs in OFG with tabbed canvases/navigation). You'll need to step thru the code (debug mode), and find where some attributes are missing, keeping in mind, that disabling one option means enabling three in a lot of cases (disabling cascades, but enabling does not - at least not in the same hierarchy).

Sorry if this sounds too generic to your liking, but don't have working copies of Des V2 over here (suspecting that was the initial Designer
version). Alternatively, search metalink for similar cases, and hopefully
the workaround is listed

--
Gtrz,

Frank van Bortel