Re: List of Tables on a database

From: Mark D Powell <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 3 Jan 2002 06:52:01 -0800

davide_at_yahoo.com wrote in message news:<a115r7$ms1sa$2_at_ID-18487.news.dfncis.de>...
> Hassen AHLAMINE <cainmaro_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm looking for a way to gather:
> > - A list of all tables created in a database since the database's name,
>
> connect to the database, then use
>
> SELECT TABLE_NAME FROM ALL_TABLES
>
> > - A list of all columns since the table's name,
>
> SELECT COLUMN_NAME,DATA_TYPE FROM ALL_TAB_COLUMNS
> WHERE TABLE_NAME=....
>
> or in SQL*Plus
>
> DESCRIBE <table_name>
>
> See the documentation of Oracle.
>
> Davide

Hassen, you might find the following article of value. It introduces the Oracle rdbms dictionary tables:

How do I find information about a database object: table, index, constraint, view, etc... in Oracle ?
  http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/faq/object_info.html

And for security related information:

How do I find out which users have the rights, or privileges, to access a given object ?
  http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/faq/privileges.html