Problem with Cursor-Please help!

From: Raj <rajattili_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 11:29:37 -0500

Hi,

I am having a weird problem with an SQL I am trying to use as a cursor. Here is the SQL:

select * from group_at_ruat t1
 where nvl(trunc(update_date),trunc(sysdate))>

       decode((select trunc(upd_date)
                      from process_track
                    where upper(ltrim(rtrim(table_name)))='GROUP'
                        and id=t1.quest_group),null,trunc(sysdate))

The problem is that this runs fine if I run it from the SQL prompt and returns me data, but if I put it as a cursor, I get the following error messages:

PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "SELECT" when expecting one of the following:
( - + mod not null others <an identifier>
<a double-quoted delimited-identifier> <a bind variable> avg
count current exists max min prior sql stddev sum variance execute forall time timestamp interval date
<a string literal with character set specification>
<a number> <a single-quoted SQL string>

PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "," when expecting one of the following: ;

The SELECT mentioned in the above error message is the select in the 3rd line of my SQL statement. The second error message refers to the first "," in the last line. I've been trying to fix this for the last couple of days, but couldn't do it. Can anyone point me to where am doing this wrong?

Thanks for your help.

-Raj Received on Wed Jan 02 2002 - 10:29:37 CST