Re: Help for sqlldr problem

From: Marc Blum <marc_at_marcblum.de>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 13:14:17 GMT

Sure. You can apply a SQL-function to the column etc.

But you can't pass a parameter to SQL*Loader to be used in the controlfile! For such requierements we work with dynamically generated controlfiles:

additional benefit: That way we store our controlfiles inside the database and not in the filesystem. Comes in very handy for versioning, delivery and deployment.

On Wed, 2 Jan 2002 11:19:06 +0100, "Peter Lintner" <peter.lintner_at_sos-kd.org> wrote:

>Hi!
>I had the same problem some years ago with oracle version 7.
>Please read the documentation of sqlldr, i know it is possible, to do that,
>but I changed the company.
>You can use several conditions, what to do with a record (insert, skip etc.)
>HTH
>Petzer

regards
Marc Blum