Vanishing tab page display

From: Chris Boyle <cboyle_at_no.spam.hargray.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 07:42:50 -0500

Developer 6 on NT4 SP6.

I have encountered a situation where if I click on a tab page it will display a blank page. This only seems to occur from certain blocks on some of the pages. The form was originally generated from Designer so the ofgtab library is attached, WTPC has references to CGLT$TAB_BLOCKS.ACTIVATE := TRUE; CGLT$TAB_BLOCKS.CGLT$NEW_BLOCK; and there is a record group CGLT$CVS_DATA that seems to maintain the information about blocks and fields on a page. The form has been heavily modified since it was originally generated with many new blocks and several new tab pages being added as well as shuffling around what fields are on which page. I have been able to comment out the references to CGLT$TAB_BLOCKS in another form (and navigation/canvass management seemed to start working again) but have since tried that with a few other forms and saw no impact whatsoever. We have worked around this on the few occasions where it has occurred before by making the navigation jump through hoops but I have to believe there is an easier way. Would somebody be so kind as to point me in the proper direction (note that I did not ask anyone to tell me where to go, I already have to deal with users that freely volunteer that information) or provide any sort of suggestion?

Christopher J. Boyle
Oracle Certified Professional Database Administrator (Oracle8i) Oracle Certified Professional Application Developer

Trifle not with Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with ketchup. "I think not," said Descartes, and promptly disappeared. Received on Wed Jan 02 2002 - 06:42:50 CST