REPOST: Re: Lost Oracle help! Still have datafiles

From: Stephen Ashmore <sashmore_at_neonramp.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 08:05:17 -0600

It depends what you have lost.
If you still have the control files, the system tablespace and the redo logs you may be able to offline drop the datafiles you lost and open the database with the rest. You can then either export the data left or use the transporatable tablespace option to move to another database.

Also is archiving on? Do you have a cold or hot backup. If not you need to implement a more reliable backup/recovery plan ASAP.

Stephen C. Ashmore
Brainbench MVP for Oracle Administration http://www.brainbench.com

"Kev" <java2e_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d9mu2u85f09ussq1370am8pa3a8vsbr9l3_at_4ax.com...
> How can I get the data out of the datafiles back into the another
> oracle server??
>
> I am really sweating it here. Hte last exp I have is a week old. Any
> ideas??
>
> Soneone anyone?
>
> Am I screwed or can I pull the data back out? What happened was I
> lost a hard drive and everything went to heck thereafter.
>
> Please someone give me any advice you can.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kev

autocancel Received on Mon Dec 31 2001 - 08:05:17 CST