REPOST: Adding Datafiles

From: Jennmar Corp <here_at_work.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 08:08:11 -0500

Hello -
I have a question regarding adding datafiles to a tablespace. We are running out of space for a certain tablespace and need to add an additional datafile.

We were simply going to use the Create Like command and copy the original settings of the initial datafile.

The option to "Reuse existing Datafile" is checked on the only datafile for this tablespace. Should this be checked on the one we are adding and any subsequent datafiles? How/What does this setting affect?

Thanks!

autocancel Received on Mon Dec 31 2001 - 07:08:11 CST