Re: Question about locking a record.

From: cschang <cschang_at_maxinter.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 23:41:09 -0500

Thanks Steve. I know I can use " FOR UPDATE" at end of the "SELECT ..". but how can I lock it for a certain of period , not at the moment of the "SELECT .." and consequently "UPDATE.. " statement. Because my next step of the possible process will make the record not available for any other user, so I do not want the reocrd to be updated after my updating unless I do not process further. I hope that above statement does confuse you.

C Chang