How clone a database using import/export in a clean way?

From: Captain Blight <cptnblight_at_nexgo.de>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 22:17:55 +0100

I tried to clone a complete database this way:

  1. exported the database to a dumpfile (with option FULL=Y) on machine1
  2. on machine2 created a new database by help of the 'database configuration assistant'
  3. on machine2 imported the dumpfile (with option Full=Y)

The import ends up successfully - but - with a lot of warnings (i.e Tables of user SYSTEM cannot be REcreated). The thing seems to work. But I ask whether there is a clean way to clone, that doesn't cause any warning messages.

Thanks for your help Received on Sun Dec 30 2001 - 15:17:55 CST