REPOST: Re: SQLNet/NET8 Protocol definition,

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-family_at_attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 17:05:04 GMT

The closest thing would be OCI (Oracle call interface). In the manuals there is an API to use Net8 to communicate via Net8 to another machine, but it does not reveal what exactly one would do to communicate to an Oracle server via Net8 only. That is it is more along the lines of a socket interface and you have to decide what to do on both ends; it is not an interface to the database.

OCI offers a heck of a lot of control and high performance. What are you trying to achieve by going around it?
Jim
"Sharon Azulai" <sazulai_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3C2CF32E.9030100_at_yahoo.com...
> I need to write my own interface to NET8, is there a description of the
> protocol used by NET8 to communicate between the client and the server ?
>
> Thanks in Advance.
> S-A>

This message was cancelled from within Mozilla. Received on Sat Dec 29 2001 - 11:05:04 CST