REPOST: Re: Oracle TNS does not start when Notebook is diconnected from Netwo rk

From: Doggy Daddy <spamhole_at_blorch.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 20:34:19 -0800

On Fri, 28 Dec 2001 05:48:52 -0800, Niemann, Thomas wrote:

> I´ve installed a lokal Oracle Database on (8.0.5) on my Win 2k Pro. When
> i´m connected to the Network there is no problem, but when i´m
> disconnected from the Network the TNS Listener does not start?
>
> Any suggestions?

I've seen this happen when the disconnected laptop can't find its own name with DNS. Try changing the server name in your LISTENER.ORA so it refers to 127.0.0.1 instead of your laptop's name. You'll probably have to do this in your TNSNAMES.ORA, too, if you want to make Net8 connections (even to yourself!) while you're disconnected.

This message was cancelled from within Mozilla. Received on Fri Dec 28 2001 - 22:34:19 CST